If you have just upgraded to a new iPad, and now you are perplexed and questioning that how to transfer all data from your old iPad to your new iPad including all of your photos, music, contacts, apps, eBooks, videos and more, right? Well, there’s nothing to worry about anymore because we’ve brought some comfortable and secure solutions.
In this short blog, we will accurately show you how you can easily transfer all data from an old iPad to the new iPad via two different and straightforward processes; you just need to select the process suitable for you and try it out.
Way to transfer the data to a new iPad via iTunes:-
The process is almost similar as you do with an iPhone, here the iTunes can be used to back up your old iPad, then you can quickly restore that back up on a new iPad.
- Connect the old iPad to a Mac or computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Tap on the icon of iPad.
- Go to Manually Back Up and Restore.
- Then click on Backup Now option. Now the backup process will take some time to complete.
- After completing the backup process, disconnect old iPad.
- Now you need to connect the new iPad to the same Mac or computer which you just used previously to back up the old iPad.
- Now relaunch the iTunes.
- And tap on the iPad icon.
- Click on the option Restore from this backup.
- Now you need to select the Backup you want to restore.
- And then click on the option Continue. Your iPad will be restored from your iTunes backup. It may take some time.
- Then tap on Continue on the new iPad.
Follow the guidelines shown on the new iPad and complete its set up.
Way to transfer the data to a new iPad via iCloud:-
- Go to the Settings on the old iPad.
- Click on the Apple ID banner.
- Click the iCloud option.
- Then click on the iCloud Backup option.
- And tap on Backup Now option.
As soon as this process finishes, you would surely want to get started with the new iPad and restore the backup of the older iPad to it.
- First of all, you need to press the Home Button on the new iPad.
- Then the setup process will start.
- Now you have to follow the guidelines for initial setup.
If you want to transfer all data from your old iPad to new iPad, you can also use the Automatic Setup process.
How to start using Automatic Setup in the iOS device:-
- Firstly click on the option Restore from Backup.
- Then you will begin to restore from the latest iCloud backup you made before.
- Now you just need to tap on Agree button.
Now the iPad will restore all your data from iCloud backup. And this can take a while.