Do you believe it Social Networking has been started around for 20 years and because of this, cybercriminals are making big money from the people who are desperately looking for love or are socially engaged? Now cybercrimes are tremendously increasing these days, lots of people become a victim of cybercriminals. It happens by using the internet connection without giving security to the device. To protect yourself from different cybercriminals you need to secure your device by installing the Norton antivirus security software. The Norton is the trusted brand name for offering best services and high-quality antivirus security software to its users. For more info about Norton visit Norton.com/myaccount or dial the toll-free number of Norton customer support to get instant support.
However, these types of issues should not determine you from trawling in the sea of the social networking websites. In this article, we will provide you step-by-step guide during the entire social networking process. Starting from finding the best social networking site, protecting your digital privacy, all the way up to that first date, we’ve got you covered. The steps are mentioning below-
Step-1: How to Protect your Privacy on Social Networking Sites
- Once check that, the website was deleted your data or not after you close your account.
- Some of the sites will permit you to either delete or disable your account.
- Since users sometimes return to the social networking, in which the site might retain your information.
- Also, check the privacy settings on your profile. Some of the social networking sites make the profiles public by default,
- It should be very clear to you about how you share your personal information with another member.
- It should also be clear to you that who else gets to access of your data
- Check it very carefully in the setting that your photo will only show to members or also for online advertising. If it is, then there is an option to opt-out
Step-2: Things to Do and Not to Do with your Profile
- Create a username which you are not using any other online accounts that you are associated with.
- Your username can be easily searched, and anything which tied to that username can display in the Internet search results.
- It will also apply to the photos you post on your profile.
- And a user can do a quash image search and which can be easily located on other websites where the photo is uploaded by the users. So, in that case, you need to create unique photos which are posted on that site only.
- You need to create a new set up a free email account to use with your social networking account that contains a unique name. Be sure that the email account does not have any personal information about you in the address.
Step-3: How to Spot Social Networking Scams?
Social Networking is enormously beneficial is not dependable to the cybercriminals. Additionally, for the personal safety from the online marauders such as stalkers and Catfishers.
- If you are helping someone, then you need to verify the identity of the person that you’re talking to or doing any help, ask for a recent photo.
- For a while, If you are chatting with a budding sweetheart, and they continuously lay off the meeting in real life, then this might be a red flag for you.
- Never visit the links which are sent to you by people you don’t talk to for a very long time. By doing this, Scammers will facade as a member and will get their target of clicking on links,
- A human being might contact you with a howl story, that is being strung in a foreign country, or a family emergency. If they ask you for money, you will report them to the service you are using and then block them permanently.
- If anyone can request a webcam chat, be careful before accepting the request, the criminal can also record the webcam session, and they can use it to blackmail you.
We will provide you every single detail, to protect you from different cybercrimes while using various social networking platforms. As we discussed for the best security of your system you need to install the Norton antivirus on your system. If you want to download, install or activate the antivirus or need any support regarding the process, then dial the toll-free number of Norton customer support. The experts are available 24*7 to assist you. For more info Visit norton.com/setup.