iMessage, one of the best messaging services, is free and convenient. The most amazing fact about this service is that it does not use data limits. The iMessage allows the use of the service on Apple computers as well. When you choose to use iMessages from Mac, your number, email address gets linked with the Apple server. Even though it is one of the best services, some users are complaining about the issues that their messages disappear automatically.
The message has been sent, but the recipient didn’t receive it, the service is not even informing whether the message is on the server or not. In this situation, Mac receives the messages from iPhone or any other devices, but sending a message seems a challenge now. Since it looks like a headache to your iMessage service, disabling the service on Mac would not lose or cost anything. So let’s see the best methods to disable the service on Mac.
Here’s how to disable on Mac.
Deactivate Messages on Mac
The best approach to disable the iMessage on Mac is deactivating the messages service from Mac.
- Open Messages app on Mac.
- Select the Preferences from the Message menu.
- Click the account which you want to turn off from the left-hand pane.
- Deselect the Enable this account option.
- You will not receive any message on your Mac.
Sign out of iCloud
Another way to disable the iMessage is signing out of the iCloud account. Once you are signed out, the sync will break, as a result, it disables the iMessage.
- Open Messages and open its menu.
- Click Preferences and move to the left pane of the window.
- Choose the account to sign out.
- Click Sign out next to the Apple ID.
- Now click Sign out again, to confirm.
Turn off the Notification from Messages
The turn off notification method will not alert you with the annoying notifications about new messages; hence you can refer this method to ignore the messages.
- Click the Apple menu.
- Now, select System Preferences and choose the Notification pane.
- Click Messages from the left pane of the window.
- Select the None option and deselect all the marked checkboxes.
- This will allow sending and receiving the messages, but disallow the notifications to appear.
The steps and methods will definitely help you to disable the iMessage from your Mac. Hopefully, you have disabled the iMessage on your Mac by following these methods mentioned above. The messages won’t Mac will no more irritate you with its annoying alerts.