Microsoft Corporation created a sensation with the release of Cortana in Windows 10. The program is based on Artificial Intelligence, and it works in the computer as a personal assistant to complete the tasks like placing a reminder in the Calendar or booking seats for shows. But, while running in Windows 10, this program shows problems and the users are complaining about it. The users have complained about the no sound in Cortana and asking the reasons for the error occurred in the system.
Well, there could be a variety of reasons but, most importantly, the solutions to fix the error are available. So don’t be bothered, sit back nicely and follow the methods mentioned below to fix the no sound error in Cortana error.
Here is How to Fix No Sound in Cortana Error
Disable Digital Output
It is one of the most successful methods to troubleshoot the No Sound in Cortana error. When two devices are enabled as playback devices, device software might conflict with Cortana consequently blocking Cortana.
- Right click on the Sound icon from the lower right corner of the taskbar.
- Click Playback Devices from the menu appeared.
- Now, find and disable the Digital Output that you are not using anymore.
- Restart your computer system.
Try Resetting Cortana
If Cortana is struggling against the sound then taking it back to the default settings might help to resolve the no sound error. Cortana will forget every changes and modification in its Settings, and once the resetting is complete, it will begin its task from basics while taking the Windows as freshly installed.
- Launch Cortana and click to open it Settings.
- Now, select and click the Disable button.
- You must be seeing a message about turning off the Cortana will not delete anything from Notebook.
- Restart your computer.
Disable Quiet Hours
Quiet Hours is a feature in Windows 10 which helps the user to block notifications from the system. But the enabled Quiet Hours feature can prevent Cortana from working and producing sounds. Quiet Hours must be a great feature in Windows 10, but it is becoming an issue for Cortana. Hence disabling the feature might be helpful, though the notifications will start to pop up.
- Press Windows Key + A and the open the Action Center on your computer.
- Find the Quiet Hours option and click to Expand.
- Click Quiet Hours and disable the feature.
- Now you will begin to receive the notification and hear Cortana again.
Hopefully, you have now solved the no sound in Cortana error by following these methods above. Once done, you will be able to start hearing Cortana in your system running on Windows 10 operating system.